MAY 14, 2019 7pm
SHATFORD CENTRE in PENTICTON
The Tasting Games is a hilarious blind tasting competition, with a wine-loving audience tasting the same wines as the experts on stage. Read about how this fun evening will go down!
The title of “Best Wine Taster in BC” is up for grabs – and anyone can win! It could be you!
This year the Tasting Games will feature 9 amazing wine experts from across the province. Who would you like to learn from (or beat?)
Meet your Central Okanagan Division Tasting Games celebrity competitors...
- Sandra Oldfield: Formerly the founding winemaker at Tinhorn Creek, now president of Elysium Projects. Sandra is a member of the BC Restaurant Hall of Fame and holds a Master's in Enology.
- Mark Filatow: Gold Medal Plates winning executive chef and sommelier of Waterfront Restaurant & Wine Bar, and Waterfront Bistro. Mark is a member of the Sommelier Guild.
- Christina Hartigan: Wine Director at Wildebeest Restaurant in Vancouver and runner up in the 2019 Sommelier of the Year competition. Christina holds a WSET Diploma and is Certified Sommelier.
Each divisional blind tasting event has three levels of tickets. Every ticket includes blind tasting of 5 wines, chef-prepared small bites, laughter, wine camaraderie, and a chance to earn a seat in the BC Tasting Games finale:
- Front Rows: The best seats the house in the first row. Get up close and personal with our expert competitors.
- Preferred Seating: Right behind the front seats, you will be close to the action.
- General Seating: Even in the back half of the room, you'll have a great view of the experts tasting.
Don't forget your tickets for the other divisions and the Finale!
Participants of this event must be 19 years or older to attend. Proof of age may be required.
VIP EXPERIENCE for 4
Would you like to get to know our expert wine tasting competitors? The VIP experience enables you to enjoy the company of three of BC's top wine experts in a relaxed, intimate dinner setting.
- A multi-course gourmet dinner prepared for four of you (joined by the three wine experts) at the Restaurant at 5pm on May 14, the same night as the Tasting Games event.
- Exquisite dinner conversation with the celebrity wine experts sharing your table: Sandra Oldfield, Mark Filatow and Christina Hartigan.
- 4 Front Row tickets for the Central Okanagan Division event at 7pm, May 14, 2019.