MAY 7, 2019 7pm
EAST KELOWNA HALL in KELOWNA
The Tasting Games is a hilarious blind tasting competition, with a wine-loving audience tasting the same wines as the experts on stage. Read about how this fun evening will go down!
The title of “Best Wine Taster in BC” is up for grabs – and anyone can win! It could be you!
This year the Tasting Games will feature 9 amazing wine experts from across the province. Who would you like to learn from (or beat?)
Meet your North Okanagan Division Tasting Games celebrity competitors...
- Matthew Landry: 2019 BC Sommelier of the Year. General Manager/Beverage Director at the Stable House Bistro in Vancouver. Matt holds a WSET Advanced and is a Certified Sommelier.
- DJ Kearney: Director of Wine at New District. DJ holds a WSET Diploma, is the VP of the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers, BC Chapter, and a member of Les Dames d’Escoffier.
- Howard Soon: Master Winemaker at Vanessa Vineyard and former winemaker at Canadian Winery of the Year Sandhill. Howard was recognized as a Spirited Industry Professional by the Vancouver International's Wine Festival.
Each divisional blind tasting event has three levels of tickets. Every ticket includes blind tasting of 5 wines, chef-prepared small bites, laughter, wine camaraderie, and a chance to earn a seat in the BC Tasting Games finale:
- Front Rows: The best seats the house. Get up close and personal with our expert competitors in the front row.
- Preferred: Right behind the front seats, you will be close to the action.
- General: Even in the back half of the room, you'll have a great view of the experts tasting.
Don't forget your tickets for the other divisions and the Finale!
Participants of this event must be 19 years or older to attend. Proof of age may be required.
VIP EXPERIENCE for 4
Would you like to get to know our expert wine tasting competitors? The VIP experience enables you to enjoy the company of three of BC's top wine experts in a relaxed, intimate dinner setting.
- A multi-course gourmet dinner prepared for four of you (joined by the three wine experts) at Waterfront Wines Restaurant and Bar at 5pm on May 7, the same day as the Tasting Games.
- Exquisite dinner conversation with the celebrity wine experts sharing your table: Matthew Landry, Howard Soon and DJ Kearney.
- 4 Front Row Tickets for the Central Okanagan Division event at 7pm on May 7, 2019